Friday 23 January 2015

The Perfect Proposal

I am all excited to plan for the big day, I am going to propose my best buddy and senior at collage. He is the best man I have ever come across in my life. I must thank my brother for introducing his friend to me. At-least now, I should not worry about my big brother who is doing his masters in UK. 

I, Sharmi and Venkat have been best buddies since the day we met. We shared a lot in common and had emotional ties too. I don't know why I loved him, but the taught of being with him makes me super excited. We have crossed so much within a short span of 5 years. 
Image: wisegeek
My family never minds when I hang out with him as Venkat is considered the goodie goodie boy in our locality. 

Over years, our feelings for each other grew silently. We both knew the strong feelings for each other, yet we called ourselves as Friends. 

I wanted him to feel the top of heaven and decided a plan to propose to him. Luckily the stars planned the rest for me. Venkat went on a road trip to his friends wedding. I decided that its the best time to discuss with both our families. 

First, I opened the proposal to my family who were shocked, I convinced my mommy which made things very easier. They later learnt that Venkat knew nothing about this. But my love instinct told he was very madly in love with me. so I took the bold move to talk with his family. 

My father came with me when I went to talk with his family, they were cool parents and was very happy for us. They always loved me as a daughter and this has been a sweet surprise to them. His sister was so happy for us. 

We then decided how to surprise Venkat and play the Cupid Games.

We found an attractive girl in our college and decided to play a prank on Venkat. We told our plans to her and she readily agreed to do this for me.  

On Valentine day, the girl came to Venkat's home and rang the bell. She came with local surprise planners group who were singing love songs with band music. I asked her to dress in Blue, as its Venkat's favorite colour. She proposed to Venkat and he was like 'Hey , Do I know you???' 

Venkat family, our friends and I was with my family in his home, so we all came out to the music. Yep, its going good so far with the plan...

She then started saying the love dialogues I wrote for him, he got very angry and shouted that its not the way of asking someone in front of family and blah blah...

She then started laughing which made Venkat even more angry, she told that she has taken his family's permission first before proposing him and that his family has agreed on their marriage. 

Venkat turned back in shock, his dad told him that the girl had come along with her family and taken their permission. And that they liked the girl. 

When venkat looked at me, I was like weeping and very upset on what has happened. He felt very bad and embarrassed in front of such an situation. The girl really did her part every well and for an instant I got worried if she really loves Venkat. 

Venkat very decently tried to turn down her proposal. She started crying and now comes my part. I start advising Venkat that the girl is smart and nice, and that he should consider her proposal. We have some rough talks. He gets very angry at me as he knows how much I love him. He shouts at me, then why don't you consider my proposal to you, will you marry me?

I shout, "Oh yes, I love to...lets get married this weekend and give him a ring. Dear, please..." Everyone around bursts into laughs, and our families come together. Venkat is a clever boy, understood the whole drama. We exchanged rings and was fun around. We arranged an small party in his home, so we all had good time. We all celebrated our love!!!

Anyday I have an perfect proposal story to tell!!!
Image: CampusConnect
Written post for IndiBlogger Contest Cupid Games by CloseUp. 
I assure that this post will stay in blog and remain accessible in an un- altered state for a period of one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your valuable comment.